Friday, September 29, 2017

Well, after an very long and unexpected hiatus, I'm back with some photos of Copplestone Castings Barbarian Heroes. These are some seriously beautiful sculpts that I used as practice on shading of skin tones.

It's been nearly a year since I last painted a 15mm miniature, primarily due to a complete lack of time to paint. That, and I inadvertently created a monster by introducing mt son to the world of wargaming (Warhammer 40k in his case) and painting miniatures. I can't even get near the paint table these days! Sheesh.

While I haven't been painting 15s, I have been painting miniatures for Steve Jackson Games Ogre and Starfire Design Studio's Starfire. I've been debating whether to display photos of those here as I envisioned this blog showcasing 15s. Thoughts are welcome. ;-)

I made some time to actually play some games lately. I've really developed a liking for Legion Wargames'Target for Today. The game is the spiritual successor of B-17 Queen of the Skies. In Target for Today, you play the part of a crew of an American bomber as you carry out the bombing campaign against the Nazis. The game is different in that you really have no control over what happens. You are simply along for the ride, carrying out the missions assigned to you and reacting to what happens. The game is a bit repetitive, but I think that goes a long way to portraying the "99% boredom/1% sheer terror" aspect of war. I've started a campaign following the crew of the B-17F "Miss Pfitt". You can see their first mission here at Board Game Geek.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment