Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bunch of new photos on the Miniatures page. Back in the early summer of 2013 I participated in the Two Hour Wargames "All Things Zombie - Final Fade Out Minis & More" crowd funding campaign. This was only my second crowd funding campaign (the first being the 2012 Steve Jackson Games Ogre Designer's Edition Kickstarter), and I was very pleased with the results. The THW High Rise to Hell scenario book and cards are great additions to the game, and Rod Campbell of Highlander Studios did his usual excellent job of sculpting the miniatures. Now, if I can only figure out the lighting so I can take some decent photos....

2 comments:

  1. As a person who enjoys viewing other's designs, I have been intrigued by your miniatures. How do you choose the color scheme for your miniatures? I would enjoy seeing the intricate details of your painting, so are you able to get more close up shots of the next set of pictures you post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delayed response - still pretty new to the whole blog thing....

      For my modern/zombie miniatures, I pretty much just people-watch; I look at what people at the malls are wearing, how folks on tv are dressed, etc.

      A lot of times, I study the sculpts and try to envision what the sculpter had in mind.

      As for close up shots, I'm using the camera on my cell phone which actually takes pretty good photos when the lighting is good. Arranging good lighting is my biggest challenge...

      Hope that helps!

      Delete